Today I got to look at a whole new side of the law system. I was taken to The Probate Court in Cambridge. I would Shadow Mr. Quinn. His job consists of a majority of cases in Divorce court, and seeing that clients get paid there child support and all that stuff. I sat in on a case that consisted of a man who had not paid his child support in about 3 months and over time that bill ads up. He was taken to court by his ex wife who wanted the expenses that were due to her and her child. The man didn't really have a lot of money he stated that he was out of a job and times were very hard. The court has had enough of him and sentenced him to make a payment today before 3 o clock or else he would be held in jail until he could come up with the amount that was put on the table for him to pay. He then went out and made a phone call to try and get the money. The Probate court deals with hearings that involve divorced couples trying to get payments and awarding property and money from one another. It was a change to see this and it was pretty interesting to see what goes on in divorced couples lives.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment